6 Helpful tips for fertility

The following are top tips while you are going through IVF with the aid of The Logan Abdominal Massage.

Avatar Felicity
Felicity Lynch
10 Dec |3 mins

The following are top tips while you are going through IVF with the aid of The Logan Abdominal Massage.

If you like porridge ‘Oat bran’ is the best choice. This helps with digestion and bowel problems and eases constipation associated with crinone gel and Cyclogest.

Eat ONE portion of pineapple per day. This contains Bromelian which makes the uterus ‘sticky’.  Why not try a pineapple Suki tea?

Eat FIVE brazil nuts a day. These contain Seleniuim which is good for egg reserve.

Eat FIVE walnuts a day. These contain Progesterone.

Drink at least TWO litres of water a day.

Limit caffeine intake to 200 milligram a day – higher levels have been linked to miscarriage risk.

The 80/20 rule. Be good 80% of the time and less good the other 20% everyone needs a release and a break!

During the down regulation you really must rest, with early nights and some walking.  During stimulation please take no exercise and do no lifting as there is a danger of rupture of the ovary or hyperstimulation.

 

Your cholesterol levels

Get your cholesterol checked at least every five years. You’re in the clear if your total number is under 200 mg/DL, with an LDL (that’s the bad kind) of less than 100 mg/DL and an HDL (that’s the good kind) of 50 mg/DL or more.

Your resting heart rate-

The lower the number, the less your heart has to work– and that’s a good thing.

Take your pulse in the morning, when you’re most relaxed. Measure the number of beats in 10 seconds, then multiply by six. Your number should be between 60 and 80 – even lower if you’re athletic.

Your waist-to-hip ratio

The best test for predicting heart attacks may be the proportion of your waist to your hips. Measure your waist at the smallest point, then measure your hips at the widest point. Divide the first number by the second number: an ideal ratio is 0.8 or lower.

Your body composition

A study published in the International Journal of Obesity found that 25 to 30 per cent of young women with a normal BMI (19 to 25) still carry excessive body fat.

The easiest way to check your body composition is with bio-electric impedance analysis, available in many gyms and doctors’ offices.

Your Vitamin D levels

Vitamin D is king right now and leading fertility practitioners such as Dr George Ndukwe insist on a level of around 100 for Vitamin D.

Six things not to think twice about

1.  Taking a power nap

Studies show that 40 winks can help you kill stress and recharge. Keep it under 30 minutes – any longer and your body enters the deep stages of sleep, and studies show that if you wake up right before deep sleep, you’ll feel more refreshed.

2.  Vegging out in front of The IT Crowd

The number of mood-stabilising endorphins released from one minute of laughing is the same as the amount released with 10 minutes of strenuous rowing. Result.

 3.  Calling in “sick”

According to a study from the Families and Work Institute, 21 per cent of people who are highly overworked experience symptoms of clinical depression. Time for a duvet day.

 4.  Jumping his bones

A good romp has been linked to everything from fewer colds to reduced PMS symptoms, and even a sharper sense of smell. Plus, it can burn off up to 200 calories, that the equivalent of running 15 minutes on a treadmill.

 5.  Ruining your appetite

Noshing on healthy fats like pistachios, olives, or peanut butter about 20 minutes before a meal helps your stomach digest food more slowly, so you’ll feel full longer. Foods like these may also help your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins such as A, D, E, and K.

 6.  Squeezing into skinny jeans

Wriggling them on once a month can show you how your body’s changing – a better indicator than stepping on the scales.

Back to blogs